Forced to bear the blazing weather of Delhi summers, a dip in the pool is what most of us long for. Now, imagine a pool serving you some lip smacking food… Somewhere you can relish the flavour, revel in the ambience, chill your body both from the inside and outside – Now that’s a perfect meditation session.
Select your chilling hideaway from one of these poolside restaurants in the NCR, possibly for the weekend (or maybe even during one of those uber-hip poolside parties.) What’s stopping you?
Threesixtyone Degrees, The Oberoi
Your dining experience here can never be disappointing, as it is touted as being as one of Delhi’s most elegant restaurants. They certainly have maintained their standards of services and the quality over the years. The pool’s outdoor seating along with the elaborate selection of waterside delicacies will leave you amazed.
- Where: The Oberoi, Phase 5, Udyog Vihar, Gurgaon
- Timings: 6:30 AM to 11 PM
- Meal for two: 4,000 (Approx.)
- What You Cannot Miss: Pappaerdelle Pasta
Machan: The Taj Hotel
Although Machan’s expensive, the ambience and the authentic flavours make a visit here worth your while. There’s a simple-yet-retro aura about this place, and the huge pool adds a cherry to the view.
- Where: The Taj Mahal Hotel, 1, Mansingh Road, New Delhi
- Timings: 24 Hours
- Meal for two: 5,000 (Approx.)
- What You Cannot Miss: Kukra Ka Jhol
Aqua: The Park
Aqua’s name says it all.
They’ve long been hosting pool parties which make them the gurus of places offering the poolside food. They had this totally incredible Moussaka – a rich meat sauce, crispy, browned, sprinkled with cinnamon, nutmeg, fines herbs and parsley.
- Where: The Park, 15, Parliament Street, Connaught Place, New Delhi
- Timings: 11 AM to 12:30 AM
- Meal for two: 4,500 (Approx.)
- What You Cannot Miss: Cigara Boregi and Moussaka
3B’s, Country Inn and Suites
Aptly abbreviated from ‘Buzz’, ‘Bubble’ and ‘Booze’, this inn might be a long drive, but with stellar surroundings like the ones 3B’s offers; it won’t pinch you too much. This place is famous for its bar setting and low-cal vegetarian menu, and you can take your partner out for weekend mini-break here as well. It’s time to get packing!
- Where: Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Sahibabad, Ghaziabad
- Timings: 7 PM to 11:30 PM
- Meal for two: 2,200 (Approx.)
- What You Cannot Miss: Paneer Tikka and Veg. Platter
Pool Bar at China Kitchen, The Hyatt
They offer a whirlwind culinary experience along with the Pool Bar here. For exceptionally good Continental food, an all day long sun deck, you just need to venture over to the Hyatt.
The exquisite poolside is adjacent to the China Kitchen adding to the beauty of their authentic Chinese options like the Peking duck. This dish is savoured for its thin, crispy skin, and sliced Peking duck tastes wonderful with pancakes, sweet bean sauce, soy, and mashed-herbed garlic.
- Where: Hyatt Regency, Ring Road, Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi
- Timings: 24 Hours
- Meal for Two: 2,700 (Approx.)
- What You Cannot Miss: Malai Broccoli
Splash, The Westin
The enchanting outdoor pool at Splash helps you loosen-up after a hectic day or even when you simply need at mood change this hot season. Come here whilst lounging with your friends, and chat while sipping on their Long Island Teas, away from the chaotic drama of the city.
- Where: The Westin Hotel, Sector 29, Gurgaon
- Timings: 7 AM to 10:30 PM
- Meal for Two: 2,000 (Approx.)
- What You Cannot Miss: Espresso Martini
Sky Lounge is known for the ambience, the rooftop, and the setting – all of which are truly divine. A huge place with tables on the corner and amazing views of the skyline, this place puts you in a sort-of trance. And as you face the sunset and drift off to oblivion, the dedicated staff will take care of the needs of your palate and lead you through an unwinding exotic affair.
- Where: Park Plaza Hotel, B Block, Sushant Lok, Gurgaon
- Timings: 6 PM to 11 PM
- Meal for Two: 3,000 (approx.)
- What You Cannot Miss: Paneer Tikka Pizza