If living Delhi has taught us anything, it is the fact that the city is not just a power packed entity with pride & little prejudices, it is also a major cauldron of cultures, heritage & creativity! Delhi is a city that renews, reinvents & re-imagines itself year after year!
30 Second Window:
- ‘Words in the Garden – A Celebration of Literature, Arts and Ideas’ proposes to explore & celebrate Delhi differently.
- The event is all about understanding Delhi better through Words, Ideas, Expressions, Discussions, Dialogues, Readings, Exhibitions and Performances.
- Delhi has been the boiling pot of various cultures, heritages & traditions that date back to the Mughal Era when great sufi saints sang praises of the city & its rulers!
- This festival will be the first in an annual series around Meer – the great Urdu poet – and the themes that carry his line of poetry – City, Nature, Love & Loneliness.
- That you get yourself registered ’cause you’ll get to learn a lot about sufi saints/poets of the old days!
- Dive into the world of literature as some of the venerated Indian figures Ashok Vajpeyi, Muzaffar Ali & Vikram Lal come together for ‘Sanatan Sangeet Sanskriti’ to host this prestigious festival of ‘Words in the Garden’
When: 24th – 25th February
Where: India International Centre
Timings: 06:00 pm (24th) – 08:00 pm (25th)