Money can often be a problem when you’re trying to watch the latest blockbusters or the artsy critically acclaimed movie. Oftentimes, you don’t have enough money to go watch every movie in the multiplexes with the coke and the popcorn. But you just want to enjoy the movie wherever you can. Money should not stand between you and your movies. Today, we will inform you about few theatres where money will not be an issue for you if you want to catch a particular show. All these theatres will allow you to watch a movie within Rs. 100 or less. Yes, you saw that right! Find out the best places to watch a movie even when you’re broke, here!
- Delite Cinema, Asaf Ali Road
Delite Cinema is one of the oldest theatres in Delhi. It was recently transformed into a state-of-art epicurean theatre. It now has the finest sound and light equipment imported from USA.
- Where: Gate No. 4/1, Asif Ali Road.
- Nearest Metro Station: New Delhi Railway Station.
- Price: Rs. 70 – Rs. 170.
- Regal Theatre, Connaught Place
Regal Theatre was the first movie theatre in Delhi that started back in 1930. This was built by the British architect Walter Sykes George. This is a single-screen theatre and only shows Bollywood movies. It has a seating capacity of 658 and offers shows at really cheap prices.
- Where: Opposite Palika Bazaar, Connaught Place.
- Nearest Metro Station: Rajeev Chowk.
- Price: Rs. 100 Onwards.
- Amba Cinema, Subzi Mandi
Amba Cinema started operating in 1963 and has completed its 50 years of service ever since. It is one of the oldest and largest single-screen theatres in the whole of Delhi.
- Where: Near Clock Tower, North Campus.
- Nearest Metro Station: Viswavidyalaya.
- Price: Rs. 70 – Rs. 160.
- Vishal Cinema, Rajouri Garden
Vishal Cinema has the largest screen and the seating capacity of more than 1000 people. It will offer you a cheap and average movie going experience. There is ample parking space nearby and also has a McDonalds and a bar in its vicinity.
- Where: Vishal Enclave, Rajouri Garden.
- Nearest Metro Station: Rajouri Garden.
- Price: Rs. 70 Onwards.
- Aakash Cinema, Azadpur
Aakash Cinema is a single-screen theatre that is located in the business district of Delhi. This theatre usually runs Bollywood movies and sometimes runs Hindi dubbed Hollywood movies. It has a capacity of more than 400 and also has wide screen with Dolby Digital sound that makes your movie going experience surprisingly better for the money you pay.
- Where: New Subzi Mandi Road, Azadpur.
- Nearest Metro Station: Azadpur.
- Price: Rs. 50 – Rs. 120.
- Golcha Cinema, Darya Ganj
Golcha Cinema has a retro- Art Deco style and was opened in 1954. It is an old style theatre that is separated in several seating classes. There is second class, first class and then balcony class.
- Where: Main Road, Darya Ganj.
- Nearest Metro Station: Kashmere Gate.
- Price: Rs. 100 – Rs. 140.
- Batra Cinema, Mukherjee Nagar
Batra Cinema is an old style cinema that is located very close to the North Campus. Here you can watch all the latest Bollywood movies on a very cheap price.
- Where: Mukherjee Nagar, North Campus.
- Nearest Metro Station: GTB Nagar.
- Price: Rs. 60 – Rs. 90.
So, these are the places where you can see the latest Bollywood movies without burning a hole in your packet. Granted, you are not going to get the excellent staff service of the multiplexes or the expensive popcorn that you buy just for luxary, but sometimes movies are the only thing that matters. Go on then, have fun!