Winter is all about them masala chai, pakodas, lip smacking chaat & most importantly, the street food. Being a hardcore non vegetarian, it’s hard to visit a restaurant without ordering some non-vegetarian delicacies. And then The Masala Trail happened. The Masala Trail is a small restaurant that offers tons of lip smacking regional street food. Their menu covers everything from Purab, Paschim, Uttar & Dakshin!
30 Second Window:
- The Masala Trail by Osama Jalali is a hole in the wall restaurant that sings pan Indian street food.
- They aim to bring together the various flavors of India under one roof for a culinary concert that your palate will never forget.
- Their menu of decadent street food includes – Rajasthani Bajra Khichadi With Desi Ghee, Hyderabadi Biryani, Street Style Chowmein, Amritsari Paneer Tikka & Kanpuria Garbad Chaat among others!
- And if the food gets too much to handle, shake up some of their desi beverages to guuzzle down all that food. Try out their – Dilli 6 Ka Banta, Modi Nagar Shikanji, Neer Mor (Butter Milk), Calcutta Masala Thumbs Up!
- That you give your sweet tooth a thandi surprise with – Pista Matka Kulfi, Kesariya Gulab Jamun & Halwa of the day!
- The ambience of the place will take you back to your childhood, which all about eating, gossiping & drinking with them desi mundas & kudis!
- Their walls are covered with motifs that ooze saddi dilli, desi chaska, & everything India!
So, head to The Masala Trail for the chai time of your life & say goodbye to the *brrrrr* of winters! Check out their Facebook page for constant updates!
The Masala Trail is the brainchild of Celebrity Chef Osama Jalali
Where: The Masala Trail, Janpath
Price For Two: INR 800
Photo Courtesy: The Masala Trail