Sanitary is a huge issue for many & especially those who study in Delhi colleges that have close to no sanitary pad kiosk on campus! In fact, independent studies show that many Delhi based colleges are in need for proper sanitary services. Breaking barriers & making headwinds toward a better age, Aditi Mahavidyalaya of DU has installed Delhi’s first Sanitary Pad Kiosk on campus!
30 Second Window:
- The Sanitary Pad Kiosk at Aditi Mahavidyalaya has a simple working system – you insert ₹5 & out comes sanitary pad!
- ONGC & CSR Research Foundation jointly installed the kiosk that has a 200 pads in stock & a little over 36 in the dispensing wheel!
- The cost of pads must be borne by the colleges, yet the machine is a huge step toward three A’s. Awareness, Availability & Affordability.
- The machine comes as a sweet surprise to girls who usually feel awkward buying pads from medicos during periods. So, the next time you’re in need of sanitary items, just head to the kiosk!
- That if you’re still in college, ask your lecturers & office staff to come up with a similar or the same solution to sanitary issues!
- The Sanitary Pad Kiosk only costs ₹25,000. Which is an amount if everyone contributed towards, would really amount to nothing!
You can read the full story here.