In an attempt to curb food wastage in Delhi the Centre is planning on restricting portions sizes in Delhi restaurants! And we can’t help but wonder if that will actually work considering everyone will be ordering multiple helpings of #foodgasmic meals. Good for us? Guess so… But food wastage is a huge problem in India, leave alone Delhi. Here are some facts you need to know about this whole policy!
30 Second Window:
- The Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution will be issuing questionnaires to hotels to gather stats regarding portions sizes!
- The Centre will be legally notifying the restaurants the portion sizes. This move comes after PM Modi spoke about food wastage on ‘Mann Ki Baat’ radio programme.
- If we assume the stats of food wastage pan India, it amounts to to a staggering 67 million tonnes a year! Now, that’s something that should scare us all. So, here’s what you can do about it…
- You get your food packed in the restaurants if you have leftovers.
- And call organisations like Feeding India to help you get that excess food to needy people!
You can check out Feeding India’s website here. And donate food or some funds. For speedy donations call on – 9871178810.
They’re based out of…
Sneak Peak | Greater Kailash
Google Maps | Click Here
Photo Courtesy | The Hindu
Article First Published By | News Bytes