Monday blues much? Fret not, ’cause RBI has lifted its withdrawal limit from current account! You heard it right! The Reserve Bank of India has finally decided to remove cash withdrawal limits for ATMs from 1st February.
30 Second Window:
- While the RBI has removed the wtihdrawal limit from current account. It has also stipulated that independent banks can place their own limits!
- For a little context, let’s check out what happened in the past! The RBI had raised the ATM withdrawal limit to INR 10,000 a day & INR 24,000 a week for savings account.
- Further, the apex body had also raised the withdrawal limit in current accounts to INR 1 lakh! No more, so good new eh?
- You get the hang of this news better. Why? Well… Reserve Bank of India has withdrawn limits placed on cash withdrawals from current, cash credit & overdraft accounts with immediate effect.
- That you catch hold of this news too!! The limits on Saving Bank accounts, however, will continue and are under consideration for withdrawal in the near future.
So, don’t just sit there! If the recent cash crunch blew a hole in your plans, worry no more, just head to your bank & get the relevant information regarding the withdrawal limit!