Attention all buyers of cars & bikes, you may need to show proof of parking along with the rest of the information while buying a vehicle. The Union Government announced the new policy on Thursday. Which, if implemented, will require buyers to prove that they have official space to park their respective vehicles.
30 Second Window:
- Sources said that existing building bylaws & parking norms may need to be tweaked.
- The rule will likely make a significant dent in the annual increase of private car sales.
- Many experts lauded the plan but informed that the rule will face various execution challenges.
- The Centre will need to amend the motor vehicles’ law, & accordingly work out pending parliamentary approvals.
- The amendment aims to address the issue of road safety & improve the process for citizens to deal with transport departments.
- Once the law is amended & notified, its implementation will fall on civic agencies & transport departments of state government.
- Government officials have also warned that implementation will not be easy since a third of Delhi’s population lives in unauthorised colonies.