Not all of us have the time to hit the gym when we wish to lose weight! In fact, a diet plan is not always about losing weight but also to lead a healthier life. So, without further ado, shall we dive into some of the most popular diet regimes? They will naturally allow you to fit into the clothes you don’t fit in nowadays!
I. The GM (General Motors) Diet
So, the GM Diet is one of the most popular diet regimes in the world. Conceptualised in 1985, the plan is a rigorous effort that can help you lose up to 10 to 17 pounds in a single week. Moreover, the plan runs something like this:
- Day 1: All fruits except Banana – this helps in significantly preparing your body for the new diet
- Day 2: All vegetables – Carbohydrate consumption served with Baked Potatoes
- Day 3: A mix of vegetables and fruits except for Banana & Potatoes
- Day 4: Eight bananas and three glasses of milk
- Day 5: Two 10 oz. portions of lean beef and six whole tomatoes
- Day 6: Unlimited amount of meat and vegetables
- Day 7: Brown rice, fruit juices, and vegetables
II. Breatharian Diet
So, many of you might find this diet rather funny, or at least we did! Breatharian Diet is basically fasting and is a belief more than just a diet. Basically, for all the foodies out there who cannot think about anything but food, this will be your biggest challenge EVER! ‘Cause the ‘Breatharians’ believe that they can survive on sunlight alone. 😛 Wanna try?
III. Atkins Diet
Conceptualised by Robert Atkins, the Atkins diet enforces low carb diet. Basically, it involves limited consumption of carbohydrates to switch the body’s metabolism! In fact, the diet consists of 4 phases:
- Induction: 20 net grams of carb, 8 glasses of water/day, a daily dose of a multivitamin – lasts 2 weeks
- Ongoing Weight Loss: small intakes of carbs (intake increases by 5 grams/week) – lasts until 10 pounds of target weight
- Pre-maintenance: daily carb intake increases by 10 grams, 8 glasses of water/daily
- Lifetime Maintenance: Strictly associated with continuation of diet, consumption of unprocessed whole foods
IV. Zone Diet
Popularised by Barry Sears, the diet basically helps in controlling the hormone balance of the person. So, the diet basically advocates a balanced consumption ratio (4:3:3) of carbs, proteins & fat! A unique feature of the Zone Diet is the consumption of the Omega 3 & Omega 6 fatty acids.
V. Weight Watchers Diet
Weight Watchers International has been conceptualising diet plans for over 50 years now. And one of their most successful ones was the PointsPlus Diet. The focus in this diet remains on assisting members in creating a calorie deficit to lose weight. Basically, you’ll have to focus on 1000 calorie/day deficit. Pretty hard right?
So, what diet will you be following?
Cover Image Courtesy | Source