New Delhi Railway Station is the travel hub for almost 5 lakh commuters & 361 trains on a daily basis! Yet, somehow the station has remained in the dilapidated state ever since we started travelling in trains. Well South Korean Railways has proposed to redevelop one of the oldest railway stations in Delhi-NCR for a cost of INR 10,000 crore! Imagine how swanky the station can look if that much money actually gets invested properly!
30 Second Window:
- South Korean Railways along with officials from the government will assess the entire redevelopment plan together before going ahead with the execution!
- The project is aimed at converting the station into a swanky hub for convenient travel & superior shopping experience to commuters.
- According to the plan laid out by Railways, NDRS will soon have a multi-story building, separate terminals for arrival & departure! Also, there are plans to build skyscrapers near the Ajmeri Gate exit!
- That you wait a while before heading to New Delhi Railway Station!
- Apparently, open land and air spaces both inside and outside the station will dawn upon the new swanky station!
So, need some air? Or a lift? Maybe a swanky new station?! NDRS will soon have escalators, waiting lobby & digital signage for train schedules, elevators etc.
Featured Image: Source