Cafes with appealing interiors and cozy settings have a charm of their own and come on don’t we all love spending time with a cup of coffee, good food and of course not to forget great company (includes books since they don’t disappoint us. Well, at least 80% of the times they don’t).
Listing out 9 cafes in Delhi and Gurgaon you must visit and preferably before it gets dark (because you know natural light has a feel of its own)
1. Café Lota – This café is a hidden gem in the hustle bustle of Central Delhi. Located inside the crafts museum, you will miss out on this place if you are not familiar with that side of Delhi. The café has an old world charm and you must try out their Palak Patta Chaat and Chamomile Lemongrass Herbal Tea.
Timings: 8 AM – 8:30 PM
2. Rose Café, Saket – Pretty pastel walls with lovely crockery and antique furniture. Take your better half on a date and they won’t complain. They offer outdoor seating too.
Timings: 12 PM – 9 PM
3. The Potbelly Rooftop Café, Shahpur Jat – If you love trying out different cuisines and are open to experimentation, don’t miss out on this one. They do Bihari cuisine with a twist!
Timings: 12:30 PM – 11 PM
4. Cha Bar, Connaught Place – Buzzing with people and located inside a book paradise. The lighting and minimal furniture makes this a happy place inside a bookstore! You must try out their Lemon Iced Tea, Chicken Salad and Smoked Chicken and Mustard Sandwich.
Timings: 11 AM – 9:30 PM
5. Di Ghent Café, DLF Phase 4 – Those days when you want to have a scrumptious breakfast on a weekday or a good weekend brunch, we suggest this place in Gurgaon. Pricing is slightly on the upper side but it’s worth it. The place is not too big but has a warm feeling to it! You must try out their pancakes and shakes!
Timings: 9 AM – 11 PM (Closed on Tuesday)
6. Perch Wine & Coffee Bar, Khan Market – Big windows with light beaming in, green pots and open space makes this a great place. Head here if you want to have a good meal or a leisurely afternoon with your date. Do try out their mulled wine!
Timings: 11:30 AM – 12:30 AM
7. Tabula Beach Café, Khel Goan Marg – In one of those situations when you want to go to the beach but can’t go to the beach?! Head here! They have an open area with sand and very beachy interiors to satisfy your beach cravings! Check out their brunch option.
Timings: 12 NOON – 1 AM
8. Blue Tokai Coffee Roasters, Saket – This is another quaint café located in the by-lanes of Saket and if you are a coffee lover, this place is for you.
Timings: 10 AM – 7 PM
9. Amour Bistro, Chanakyapuri – Big glass walls and pretty interiors and a good menu make this place a good choice. The quaintness of the area where it is located takes you away from the hustle bustle of the city.
Timings: 8 AM – 11:30 PM
All pictures via Zomato, So Delhi