You wouldn’t believe this fun fact unless we gave figures. So, here’s what you need to know! Delhi Metro – on an average – travels a total of 69,000 k.m.s daily, with over 20 lakh commuters using the fastest way of getting around town. Now, to put things into perspective. The Earth’s circumference is approximately 40, 075 k.m.s! We couldn’t feel anymore proud of the fact that while also making headlines, Delhi Metro is saving countless lives & providing innumerable job opportunities! How, you ask? Scroll down & check out why we’re so proud of our Delhi Metro!
30 Second Window:
- Delhi Metro started way back in 2005 & has since grown into the 7th largest connected system in the world! The system is such that it helps in reducing 6,30,000 tonnes of pollution per annually!
- With the Pink line starting in a full fledged manner by the end of this year, the DMRC will soon increase its ridership & distance manifold!
- And the best part? With the new Pink added to the serpentine system of the Metro, there will be an addition to the already 200 odd trains running.
- Which probably means that the total distance covered by the metro is gonna soar much higher than what we calculated!
- And feels proud of the fact that the Delhi Metro single handedly reduces more pollution than an average CNG car would, in a year!
- That you take part in the revolution of saving the planet while also significantly reducing the time taken to commute. Remember, the early bird catches the worm!
In the meanwhile, keep yourself updated with us on more fun facts about the DMRC. You can also read our blog post on the new Pink Line here. And get yourself accustomed to the new line connecting East Delhi with South Delhi!
Sneak Peak | The Pink Line, we hear a part of the new phase is going to start soon!