Chandni Chowk, one of the busiest and oldest markets of Delhi is not just a hub of colorful shops but so much more. The place grows on you as you take a stroll through ‘Dilli-6 ki galliyan’. The place is a live account of what a culturally rich journey our city has been through over centuries!
30 Second Window:
- Mouth watering food, colorful markets, architectural marvels, Chandni Chowk is a complete package.
- Fun Fact- Did you know that Chandni Chowk is the only place in Delhi where mosques, churches, temples and a gurudwara are located within a radius of 2 k.m? Diversity at its best!
- We’ve described here how a day spent in Chandni Chowk would turn out to be. So what are you all waiting for? Check out these amazing places and rush to Chandni Chowk for a perfect evening.
Gali Paranthe Wali
We dilliwalas are a perfect epitome of the phrase ‘Pehle paet pooja fir kaam dooja’. Everything comes after food and stuffed paranthas is like our morning yoga. Paranthe wali gali is famous for serving all kinds (the stuffing includes banana too, so yeah all kinds) of stuffed paranthas. Do not forget to order its soulmate for centuries, Lassi. Now that the tummies are satisfied, get ready to explore Chandni Chowk.
Situated right across the paranthe wali gali, Red Fort stands tall in the chaotic Old Delhi. With every step taking you forward and every ticking sound of the clock tower nearby, it seems as though you’ve time traveled to the ‘Oh so glorious’ Mughal period. A tour for about an hour will enlighten you about its and the city’s history and drain out your phone memory with pictures of the fort.
The Sacred Corners Of Chandni Chowk
As mentioned above, Chandani Chowk has,
Mosques- Jama Masjid(1 km from Red Fort), Fatehpuri Masjid (3 km from Red Fort)
Temples- Sri Digambar Jain Lal Mandir(900 m from Red Fort)
Gurudwaras- Sis Ganj Gurudwara(1.9 km from Red Fort)
Churches- Central Baptist Church(1.2 km from Red Fort), St.Stephen’s Church(2.7 km from Red Fort)
Isn’t it fascinating to observe that such diverse cultures have been coexisting for so long?!
The Old Famous Jalebi Wala has his shop right opposite to the Central Baptist Church. The golden colored rings dipped in sugary syrup are sold at INR 250/kg. The jalebis of this place are food porn at its best! Try hard to control that orgasmic expression!
Chandni Chowk Market
One of the cheapest and biggest markets of Delhi, one can find almost everything here. From camera lenses to bridal lehengas, this is your one and only stop. On a closer look, the shops are found to acquire every narrow lane (named as katras) of Chandni Chowk. Walk through the market and shop for products available at their cheapest rates!
- That if you want to go for shopping, be ready with a specific list of items you wish to buy. This market is not preferred for window shopping.
- You to see Chandni Chowk in all its glory and charm. We’re sure after the tour you will be singing proudly “Ye Dilli Hai Meri Jaan. Bas Ishq, Mohabbat, Pyaar”!