Know It All In 30 Seconds
Festivals are the perfect getaway from the everyday hustle we all make. Smearing colors onto each other’s faces is the perfect way we can think of spreading happiness on Holi. What we don’t imagine is the after-party devastation caused to our skin. Follow this holi skincare regime this year. You can thank us later!
- Apply moisturizer generously all over the body to protect your skin
- Apply coconut or olive oil through your hair to prevent damage from the harsh colors.
- Apply a thick coat of nail paint and extend the nail paint to the adjacent skin to prevent the colors from settling in.
- Keep drinking plenty of water or clear fluids to keep yourself and your skin hydrated.
- Alcohol has a dehydrating effect on the body, so try and moderate your alcohol intake to the minimum.
- Wash off the colors at the slightest hint of an itch to minimize the severity and extent of a rash.
Post Holi Skincare
- Brush off all the excess color from your body and hair immediately after you stop playing.
- Remove the nail paint before taking a shower.
- If the colors do not come away easily, apply generous amount of cleansing milk all over the body, wait for 3-5 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
Now you can jump into the festivities without taking a toll on your skin.
Cover Image Courtesy | Source