Delhi Karavan is all set to take you to one of the most revered places of Dilli, a walk in the basti of Nizamuddin ending with musical notes of qawaals at the pious Nizamuddin Dargah is something one cannot have enough of. Are you read to cover all this in a walk?
30 Second Window
1. ‘Urs Mahal’ where all the Dargah’s (mausoleum of a holy man) annual festivities are held.
2. ‘Chausanth Khamba’ (64-Pillared hall) made entirely of white marble. The beautiful compound has been recently restored after many years of hard work and research by ASI, this is something which should not be given a miss!
3. Know more about the world-renowned Urdu/Persian Shayar (Poet) Mirza Ghalib, for whom history says that ‘he was a great poet, but an infamous one!’ and hear stories of another great Poet, but of another era, Amir Khusrau at their final resting places (graves).
4. Gaze upon the hidden gem of a well-preserved Mughal architecture, Atgah Khan’s tomb, tucked away in the narrow alleys of Nizamuddin Basti.
5. Then move to the 14th Century Baoli which caused the downfall of a city and its arrogant Sultan!
6. The end of the visit is at the Dargah of Hazrat Nizamuddin Auliya.
Note: Their discussion will be done in Zabaan-e-Dehli (Urdu/Hindi ONLY)
DAY/DATE: Saturday, 7 Jan , 2017 3:00 PM-6:00 PM
MEETING POINT: Near Police Station, Opposite
Humayun’s Tomb, Mathura Road (In case of any problems call us at 9818278665
BEST WAY TO REACH: Take the Metro till Jor Bagh on the Yellow Line (Gurgaon-Jahangirpuri Track) & then take an Auto rickshaw (INR 60) via Lodi Road to the Humayun’s Tomb roundabout.
ESSENTIALS TO WEAR & CARRY:
1- All participants should carry something to cover their heads, so be it dupattas, scarves, handkerchiefs etc for the entry to Dargah.
2- Dress conservatively to respect religious sentiments of the people in the area
3- Do wear a good pair of walking shoes or flip-flops.
4- A bottle of drinking water.
For more details, click here.