Pragati Maidan heavyweights, Hall of Nations got demolished & Nehru Pavilion is on its way to being razed completely!
30 Second Window:
- Hall of Nations & Nehru Pavilion among others had hosted the India’s first modern trade fair in 1972! You be the judge of this!
- Along with Hall of Nations – India’s first pillar less building – other buildings have also been demolished to create an Integrated Exhibition cum Convention Centre!
- The new structure will span over 123 acres, complete with 500-room hotel, large food and beverages complex. Along with pools, moving floors and a helipad.
- Integrated Exhibition cum Convention Centre (IECC) will host the G20 Summit in 2019, although it’s still under talks!
- That you check out the new convention centre but also morn the loss of this this iconic building!
In the meanwhile, do check out the full report on the same here.
Sneak Peak | Pragati Maidan