North campus is the one stop place for all DU students. We thought of providing you with Guide to all must try places in North Campus. The campus has a variety of cafes and lounges to check in at while catching up with the busy campus life. There is something for everyone and that too at a very reasonable rate. And with the growing population and trends, more and more food joints are crippling in and making the place a hotspot for all kinds of food. From the desi dhaba feel to the classy patisseries, this place has it all. but some places are a must try and here goes the list:
- Big Yellow Door (BYD)
A crunched up café offering mouth-watering food is one way of describing BYD. BYD is always thronged with people no matter what the time or season. This place is also suitable for the early birds as it opens at 8 in the morning till 11 in the night.
- Where: H-8B, Vijay Nagar, Opposite NDPL Office
- What not to miss: The signature ‘cheese bomb burger’, white sauce pasta and baked nachos.
- Meal for two: 500
- Bromfy Public House
Bromfy House is a treat for the party lovers as it is the only pub like place in vicinity for the Campus students. The hazy lights and loud music coupled with a few pints and hookah makes a perfect combination.
- Where: 4/3, Roop nagar, opposite Kamla Nagar market.
- What not to miss: Chilli Paneer is a must try!
- Meal for two: 800
A beautiful café having a corner library and also serving great food, as perfect as it sounds! Rico’s is the one place in North Campus, which everyone should visit even if you gotta wait in the longest of queues.
- Where: 2526, First floor, Above CCD, Hudson Lane, Kingsway Camp, GTB Nagar
- What not to miss: Arabiatta pasta, 5 cheese pizza and red velvet cake.
- Meal for two: 600
- Mood Swingers Cafe
A Bollywood themed café away from the jam-packed cafes, Mood Swinger is a must try for the filmy foodies in North Campus. They serve Hookah along with a range of Chinese, Italian and Continental food and shakes with quirky names.
- Where: Shop 6, DDA Market, Hudson Lane, University-GTB Nagar, Delhi
- What not to miss: Chilli garlic noodle and Khalnayak pasta
- Meal for two: 550
- Vaishnav Chaat Bhandar
Suited in the heart of Kamla Nagar and not very easy to locate, Vaishnav Chaat Bhandar serves mouth-watering chaat. Each and every item on their menu makes you drool, literally! The old delhi feel also adds up to the experience of hogging on chaat from Vaishnav.
- Where: 66-67/E, Near Chota Gali Chakkar, Kamla Nagar
- What not to miss: Gol Gappe and everything else too!
- Meal for two: 100-150
A restaurant cum café offering some of the best-flavored hookahs in North Campus. Flames serve north indian, chinese and fast food and alcohol as well. A perfect place to throw a birthday party at and also for those looking for place to chill at for hours as they have a private hookah section.
- Where: G-15, 1st Floor, Near Laxmi Diary, Vijay Nagar
- What not to miss: Tandoori chicken and commissioner flavoured hookah.
- Meal for two: 700