The last few years have seen a growth of North-Eastern restaurants in Delhi NCR and trust us, it’s only just the beginning. It is only now that Delhi is truly becoming the food capital of the country. We get it, authentic regional food is tough to find. But no one does it like Delhi. We’ve found a new eatery in GTB Nagar that is serving some delicious classic Assamese dishes and we’re in love. Now you Assamese Delhiites needn’t miss home that much ( although nothing beats that)!
Gharua Exaj, GTB Nagar – What To Expect?
- Warm interiors with cozy lighting and decor.
- Serving authentic Assamese cuisine, the traditional way. ( Expect Assamese style copper plates with Bhoot Jolokia and taamul paan ( betel nut with paan leaf)
- Wholesome meals at affordable rates! ( a plus for college peeps living nearby)
- Home-made vibes with every single bite.
What Do We Like?
- Aloo Pitika ( Boiled potato salad, seasoned with spices. Perfect accompaniment with your mains.)
- Rohu curry with bihalitenga. ( Rohu fish served in a red tangy tomato curry, best with steamed rice.)
- Almost every Assamese thali is worth a try. (fully loaded with delish food.)
- Chicken Curry with aloo. ( Classic home-style Assamese chicken curry, you’ll want more.
- Pork curry with Bamboo shoot. ( Favourite amongst regulars.)
A quaint restaurant in GTB serving delicious classic Assamese dishes.
Whether you’re from Assam or not, this restaurant is a must visit. It’s always fun to try out new cuisines and we’re sure you’ll come back for more!
Oh, and you south Delhi peeps needn’t come all the way to the north as they have another outlet in Amar Colony as well.
Where | F 17A, Hudson Lane, Delhi University- GTB Nagar, New Delhi
Google Maps | Click Here
Price For Two | INR 500
Timings | 12:30 P.M. – 11 P.M.
Dessert lover? ( Is that even a question?)
This takeaway dessert parlour is becoming a people’s favourite! Check it out here.