Just when we thought of Delhi-NCR had no good Samaritans left, we heard this brilliant story! It would seem Gurgaon has a fair share of these good Samaritans. The city’s kind-hearted residents have just installed their first community fridge so that nobody ever goes hungry! The initiative is to strike down malnutrition and hunger amongst the poorer sections of the society.
30 Second Window:
- Residents of Sector 54 recently installed this 24-hour open fridge of daily supplies! The fridge can be accessed by anyone but it is mainly for the poor and the destitute.
- The idea behind the community fridge is that people in the neighbouring areas can donate food they don’t need. And those who are in need of a meal can get easy access to it.
- With food wastage becoming a global issue, community refrigerators have come up all over the world. And finally, after Mumbai and Kochi, thank god people in Delhi-NCR have picked up this best practice!
- The initiators wanted to provide an easy and accessible way for the donors and the takers to meet in the middle. The collated guidelines for donors include marking the date of the produce, while also specifying if the food is veg or non-veg!
- That you pick out your society next and install an open fridge for those in need! It’s a best practice worth mentioning and working upon.
You can read the full story here.
Location | Sector 50, Gurgaon
Images | Source