The Delhi Metro is likely to open the ITO-Kashmere Gate section – also known as the Heritage line – for commuters. Janpath, Mandi House & ITO stations of the C. Sec – Kashmere Gate corridor are already operational.
30 Second Window:
- Safety inspection for the remaining corridor is due today & on Tuesday following which it is expected to be issued safety certification. Only after getting the certification will the line be opened for commuters.
- The heritage line will connect Old Delhi places like Daryaganj, Delhi Gate & Red Fort with the business hub of Delhi at Janpath.
- The legacy of Shahjahanabad will be showcased at the four metro stations in the area, using an independent theme for each of the four stations identified for this phase.
- The corridor has been structured thematically so that each station will offer a different glimpse of the Walled City.
- A trip in the new metro line that will kick off this week. If you’re planning on visiting Old Delhi you use this new metro line!
Read the full story here.