For the fashionistas in town here is some good news, the Amazon India Fashion Week is back with its 27th edition and is arriving on the 16th of March 2016 to present its autumn-winter collection in association with Maybelline New York! The five-day fashion extravaganza will be held at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, New Delhi and the grand finale has been curated with an endeavor to bring together top designers to showcase their modern styles and sensibilities of contemporary India, which is the totally the need of the hour. Having said this you don’t really need any reason to visit AIFW’16 but for all the bummers that come across your way, you just have to make them read this:
1. As many as 52 designer’s ensembles will grace the runway this fashion week. And to just name a few whose collections are sworn by us are, Anju Modi, Anita Dongre, Rahul Khanna, Rohit Gandhi, Gaurav Gupta and a few more just as good as them.
2. Varun Bahl who is well known for his use of exotic motifs and luxurious hybrid styles will be the opening designer for AIFW’16. His new collection is for the women of today and it will be featured in warm colors inspired from flora and fauna.
3. Designer Anupama Dayal is set to showcase a line inspired by the Naga tribe. Finally you’ll get an opportunity to see some bits of Northeast in India! Her line will be in the Naga tribal color of black, red and white along with marine blue, spice green and tangerine. And she some of the fabrics in her collection are Khakhi and different blends of silk.
4. Designer Namarata Joshipura will showcase creations inspired by the creativity and vibrancy of New York City in AIFW’16. She will be displaying her creation, which has also taken inspiration from the hues of Color Sensational Lip Gradation by Maybelline New York; the collection has shades of deep reds, berry tones, grape and wine.
5. AIFW is not only providing wardrobe goals for women but for men as well as, as there will be not one but two menswear shows. Following a color theme of black, beige, white and ivory 24 male models will be waling the ramp.
6. Also FDCI has announced the debut of three accessory designers in AIFW’16. Mine of Design by Sahai Ambar Pariddi, Valliyan by Nitya and Vasundhara will add sparkle to the runway with their collections. ‘Memoir’ by Sahai captures the compelling magic of the sea. Vasundhara’s collection ‘Au Naturel’ will take you to a ride into the wilderness and ‘Modern Mughals’ a collection of Valliyan by Nitya will be paying homage to the luxurious aura of the Mughal dynasty.
7. The theme for the Grand Finale is ‘India Modern’ as India has two distinct stories to tell today; one, which is about its past, its culture, its rich heritage; and the other is about its transformation and adaption to the current times. Bridging the gap between ethnicity and modernity this theme will pave way for new fashion sensibilities. The grand finale designers will present their range in the palette of indigo blues, earthy hues and white.
AIFW’16 is all set to give us new fashion goals and it has something in store for everyone. And the fact that it is going to revamp our version of desi is something to look forward to.