Know It All In 30 Seconds
Yes you heard us right, the beloved transport of every Delhiite will be running back on tracks, BUT, there will be strict rules and regulations which every traveler needs to follow. Worry not, We’ve covered you up with all the essential info you need before boarding the metro.
The recent press release states that the services shall be resumed in a ‘graded three-stages’ starting from 7th to 12th September. Stations in the containment zone shall be closed for passengers, neither the train shall stop on such stations.
The Changes And Mandates
The list goes hereunder:
- Mask and Social Distancing norms need to be followed in the metro and premises as well.
- Arogya Setu App must be installed on the smartphone of the passenger in order to travel by the metro.
- Token service shall not be available and passengers shall only be able to travel by smartcards.
- Metro Officials and Civil Defence volunteers shall be deployed at every station to keep a check on the crowd and to maintain social distancing.
- People not following the rules shall be punished heavily with the fine.
- A coach shall allow only 50 passengers at a time from now onwards.
- Metro will stop at stations for 30-50 seconds as earlier it used to stop for 15-20 seconds which ultimately increases the travel time
Be Prepared to experience a new way of travel by Delhi Metro, yet again!!
See The Latest Press Release | Here
Cover Image Courtesy | Source