Ahoy, lets start.
1. There is no pleasant way to put this, but we all agree that the temperatures are rising, and it will get really hot post mid-April. This way, it will soon be very hard to get out during the day without avoiding the scorching sun and the extreme heat waves. Since the mercury is showing no signs of dropping right now, it will be best to make this photowalk happen soon.
2. As we all know, Chandni chowk has a rich history. To start with, it was built by the famous Mughal Emperor, Shah Jahan, during the 17th century. It is situated right opposite the Red Fort and is already known to be one of the largest trade markets in India. Here you can find some major historical landmarks like the Sunehri Masjid, the Fatehpur Mosque and the famed Jama Masjid nearby.
3. Some of the world class pictures have been clicked at Chandni Chowk. With all the historical buildings with Mughal architecture in and around it, the narrow lanes, and the busy wholesale markets, Chandni Chowk, with its cultural mix-up, exudes an old India charm that is picture perfect and delightful to look at. So make sure you capture it all!
4. With the worldwide instameets happening soon, we made it a little more convenient for you photography enthusiasts. Since you might be struggling to decide which walk to consider in a single day, we planned it a little earlier to avoid any clash. Isn’t that just great!
5. An early breakfast in old lanes of Chandni Chowk could be a puller for the foodies. You can choose from among a bunch of options ranging from crisp kachoris at Jung Bahadur Kachori Wala, to omelette-toast at Haji Tea Point, and may also take a short trip to Paranthe Wali Gali if you want to stuff yourself with tasty paranthas, and get prepared for the walk.
6. Also, you do not have to worry about your camera. You won’t need to own a DSLR to be in this walk. Just be there with your favourite camera. Your participation is what we will count on.
7. Hold your horses! The surprises aren’t over yet! The best of pictures would be given a shout out in all our social media handles including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!
8. Okay, here is the best part of the event. As you go around taking shots of all the fascinating sights, the entire event will have your moments turned into a small AV on Youtube ! Exciting, right?
9. You can expect a few drones to fly high in the sky during the walk for aerial shots, capturing each and every moment of the entire event. The permissions to this are still under consideration, but hopefully you’ll soon get to know!
Here are the details of the walk :