Moving around the Metro, you must have noticed the unfailingly beautiful wall arts installed in station platforms across Delhi. And now, adding to that number are 10 more stations that will showcase public art. The idea behind the decision, of course, is to put waste material to good use.
30 Second Window:
- For over a decade the Delhi Metro has successfully emerged as a platform to showcase public art. And while many stations already adorn beautifully painted art, we hear stations in Magenta line will soon have similar art installations!
- Discarded material will be used for the artwork on the Janakpuri, West-Botanical Garden corridor. These will include motherboard of computers, keyboard keys, loudspeakers, used mobile phones, metal buckets & used metal paint drums.
- To install these artworks the DMRC had invited artwork proposals. About 13 artists applied and submitted close to 300 odd art pieces. Of which 7 artists and their artwork were selected to adorn the walls of 10 stations across the said metro corridor!
- The Delhi Metro has selected locations for these artworks in a way so that these do not distract passengers and slow down movement.
- You keep a lookout for these public artwork in the Magenta Line of the DMRC!
And don’t forget to read the full story here.